Registration to the free ABE site Italy 2019-2020 training course
Registration to the Free ABE Site Italy 2019-20 Training Course
Registrations are open for the free Amgen Biotech Experience training course by ABE Site Italy, organized by ANISN together with the University of Naples Federico II and the Laboratory for Experimental Sciences of Foligno.
1st level course for new teachers
- Training course in Naples, at the Biology department of the University of Naples, 7–10 January, 2020, aimed at secondary school science teachers from Campania, Basilicata, Molise, Apulia, Sicily.
Course ID 35999
Deadline: 1 December, 2019
- Training course in Foligno, Laboratory for Experimental Sciences, 10–13 December, 2019, aimed at secondary school science teachers from Umbria, Abruzzo, Marche and Lazio.
Course ID 36002
Deadline: 15 November, 2019
The course is free for all of the participants.
AMGEN BIOTECH EXPERIENCE (ABE) is an international methodological and experimental training program on Biotechnologies for Science teachers in secondary school. In Italy, it is available for teachers from Campania, Umbria, Basilicata, Abruzzo, Marche, Molise, Apulia, Sicily and Lazio, and offers them on-site experimental training, developed according to the IBSE (Inquiry-Based Science Education) approach, free instrumentation and materials for the implementation at school with their students.
ANISN, in cooperation with the University of Naples "Federico II", is part of the worldwide ABE Site network (including sites in USA, China, Singapore, Australia, Canada and Europe). In particular, the ABE Site Italy (http://abe.anisn.it/) is twinned with the ABE Site Massachusetts (USA) at Harvard University and ABE France at the Ecole Normale Superieure of Paris.
The training will take place in Naples for teachers from Campania, Basilicata, Molise, Sicily and Apulia, and in Foligno (PG) for teachers from Umbria, Abruzzo, Marche and Lazio, and they consist in three compulsory stages:
- 1st stage: 4 consecutive days of on-site teacher training
- 2nd stage: classroom experimentation with students for at least 20 hours, in curricular or extra-curricular time. (January - May 2020). The ABE Site Italy will support the teachers in the classroom implementation stage: experimental and methodological guides will be provided, as well as reagents and instrumentation (micropipettes, electrophoresis boxes, PCR) in loan for use.
- 3rd stage: off-site participation in the Italian ABE community; access to the international community; small-groups meetings; involvement in public events for restitution and dissemination.
The ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS are specified in the attachments on the "Piattaforma SOFIA" (click on "MAGGIORI DETTAGLI").
Teachers intending to take part in the course need to subscribe on the SOFIA platform and send the required documents to the address: email@example.com - by the listed deadlines. Admission will be notified by e-mail two weeks before the start of the course.